Hello everyone! I am so glad to be doing my first guest post EVER on FunFitChic. Melissa and I go way back more than 10 years, when we were freshmen in college. We've managed to keep in touch via Facebook since then, and now coincidentally we both have blogs. We both write about things we're passionate about, and since I'm passionate about bargain shopping, I thought it would be fun to go on a little hunt for fashion items that have a definite fitness flair to them, just like Melissa does :) So here goes ... the intersection of fitness and style --
1) I love this Banana Republic wrap dress - it looks a lot like something a ballet dancer would wear. And it's under $100.
2) I love the aqua hue and the sporty feel of this Timex watch. I think it's something you could easily wear every day, and mix it with more dressy or more casual pieces for a fun look. And it's only $45.
3) These flats from Nine West seem like the perfect little shoe to run around town in for errands, weekend shopping, etc. I love the stripe detailing ... just inherently makes it feel sporty. At under $75, these are really cute!
4) If you're fitness-minded and you've never checked out Athleta, you really should. It's owned by the Gap and definitely has the most stylish workout clothes I've ever seen ... and they have other things like dresses, too. I particularly love this tank, which at under $50 could easily be dressed up or dressed down.
5) This might look like it's a breezy and casual tank and pair of shorts that was expertly paired together, but it's actually a genius one-piece romper from Madewell, J. Crew's sister label. And it's under $80.
So, if you just take a closer look, you'll see that fitness is influencing fashion everywhere...until next time sporty ladies!