This month, I've decided to introduce everyone to my favorite exercise of the month! I'm happy its the end of July, because this means I can come up with another exercise to talk about very soon. I also don't think "burpees" will last very long as my favorite because they are difficult and they become harder as you get better at the exercise. Ouch.
A Burpee provides the same benefits that a push-up, plank, abdominal workout, and squats could provide - all in one move. It's one of those mega-moves that work all of your body parts at once.
How do you perform the move?
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Drop down into a low squat and place your hands on the ground.
- Hold yourself up as you take both feet and jump them back.
- Do a pushup.
- Jump your feet to your hands.
- Jump as high as possible from the squat and clap your hands over your head.
- Week OFF challenge! (rawfitnessbc.wordpress.com)
- 6 Amazing No Equipment Workout Ideas (dietriffic.com)
- WebMD - Extreme Fitness: Calorie-Torching Workouts (thorns2roses.wordpress.com)