That's right.... in preparation for the hurricane over the weekend . . . I went running. I figured the storm might put a damper on my Couch to 5k training and I couldn't fathom three days or so with no run in sight. I was also ridiculously anxious over the first big hurdle in C25k, the 20 minute jog. I've never jogged for 20 minutes straight. To my surprise, it wasn't that bad. I ran on a track because I didn't have time to map out a route. Towards the last two minutes of the run, I began getting bored. I hadn't noticed that all I had were two minutes left but I think that once my mind started wandering, my body began sending signals begging it to stop. My calf muscles hurt a bit but I breathed through it and pushed on. It was only two minutes, right? I really do believe that "the pain" was all in my head.
I am so happy that I woke up at 6am and took advantage of the beautiful weather because it felt awesome afterwards. The beauty of the Couch to 5k program is that you are conditioning your mind and your body to get through the run. Every week and day you jog - you gradually increase the time spent jogging. It's been an eye opener for me for sure.
I'm surprised to see that Week 6/Day 1 consists of five minute and eight minute intervals. I'm pretty sure it's best for me anyway. I am eagerly awaiting my first 5k AND I'll be purchasing some running outfits to make me feel more legit. hee hee . . . . everyone needs a cute outfit or two.
Oh . . . almost forgot. I realized that I LOVE TO RUN TO PARTY MUSIC. My playlist today consisted of a whole lot of Beastie Boys, Pitbull, and dance songs. Check it out:
- Warm Up - Brass Monkey - Beastie Boys. That song really pumps me up.
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar - there is no party without Danza Kuduro
- Fight for your right - Beastie Boys - KICK IT!
- Girls - Beastie Boys - this song and the one following, are so lyrically comical
- She's Crafty - Beastie Boys
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull and Neyo I can't get enough of PItbull
- I Know Your Want Me - Pitbull hee hee
- Intergalactic - Beastie Boys - "when I write graffitti my name is slop"
- Jump Around - House of Pain - that beat is ridiculous
- Make Some Noise - Beastie Boys - "we got a party to the left, we got a party to the right" - can you imagine how crazed I must look running to this?
- Rain Over Me- Pitbull feat. Marc Anthony - umm . . . if you don't know I LOVE MARC
- Rebirth of Slick - Digable Planets - because I'm cool like dat.