We are already 12 days into September and I haven't posted a new fitness move. My apologies. This month, I'd like to focus my attention on the power of the stability ball. Without balance, we can't do much. The stability ball helps our body engage multiple muscles while having fun. I don't know about you but stability balls remind me of child's play but the burn you can get from a good stability workout is far from it. Our body responds to the instability of the ball in a different way than it does to the hard surface which helps us awaken many muscles like our abdomen, hip flexors, lower back, etc.
September's move is Jumping Jacks on the stability ball. No, you're not STANDING on the ball, you're sitting on the ball.
- Sit on the stability ball with your feet together in front of you and your arms straight out to your sides - parallel to the floor.
- Bring your arms up over your head like a regular jumping jack while your legs open out in a slight jump.
- Your legs should be open wide and your arms over your head.
- Alternate bringing them out and in as you bounce on the stability ball.
- Arms and legs should be moving at the same time. When your arms are over your head, your legs are open and when your arms are parallel the floor, your legs are closed and in front of you.