On Sunday, the Huff Post Women wrote a story in honor of the Mad Men series' return to television. It was about vintage weight loss ad of the past. Take a look at the story here. Below are a few of the ads that I found extremely striking and in definite need of a closer look by Fun, Fit, Chicas, like us.
Although this is an old ad, I have seen and heard of modern women ingesting tape worms for weight loss. Don't do it. It's unhealthy for you and it's not worth the illnesses that can come with such a diet plan. There is no way to "eat, eat, eat and always stay thin." It's not possible to overeat, remain inactive, and lose weight. UNLESS YOU ARE SICK.
Things don't really seem to have changed much. This obesity soap makes me think of all the creams and cellulite reduction treatments of today's time. Soap or cream won't help you "reduce fat without dieting or gymnastics."
Ok so this is an improvement. . . some form of exercise tool. They look like resistance bands but instead of building muscle endurance or tone, they were marketing "chest development."
I have said this before, and I will say it again, "don't give in to the gimmicks." They do not work and they are a marketers dream. If you can get a bunch of people to believe something works, they will buy it and guess what? They will say it works and get their friends to buy it too. I have recently seen a lot of people on Facebook pushing weight loss pills, drinks, and energy enhancers, that burn calories while you sleep, etc. etc. etc. I've also seen some friends get sick from taking these "fda approved" weight loss pills or supplements.
Don't do it to yourself. Create a sensible and simple plan.
- Consume an appropriate amount of calories.
- Make sure your meals include calories from vegetables and fruits and appropriate sources of protein (ie. a fatty piece of meat may not be your best choice . . .LEAN MEAT . . . yes).
- Start burning calories through an exercise regimen that includes resistance and aerobic training.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Document as you build a healthy and happy lifestyle while losing the fat and building muscle.
- Slowly lose the pounds and