Where do I begin? I'm on Day 4 of Ripped in 30 and I am really feeling its effects, especially in my arms. I'll post a picture when I can . . . PROMISE. My shoulders are more defined, I CAN SEE my triceps, and I feel . . . well . . . TIGHTER. The first time I popped in Week 2, I was completely overwhelmed. I paused like crazy because I couldn't keep up. It's become a lot easier to avoid pausing now but I am going to do this routine a full 7-8 days before I switch to week 3.
Jillian Michaels packs in an hour worth of effort in a 30-minute workout. I burned 300 calories in 30 minutes. That's a big deal.
Some of the crazy moves done in this routine are:
- Plank jacks - "jack" movements with your legs while in plank. Something like this but your all the way up in plank, not on your elbows.
- Mountain climbers - this follows the plank jacks. Alone, mountain climbers aren't that difficult BUT after plank jacks, it's the most difficult thing you can ever do. At least that's how I felt.
- Renegade rows - AGAIN IN PLANK position. Get into plank position on weights and perform rows while stabilizing your body.
- Crow push ups - Push ups while moving your knees towards your arms. Like this:Image Source
- Serving lunges. Grab the weights and perform lunges while extending your arms out (parallel to the floor and palms facing up).
Balance is key throughout all of these routines. I feel like I'm strengthening my core and lower back throughout the entire 30 minutes. Jillian Michaels is crazy and I LOVE IT.