It is officially OFFICIAL. I have completed one full round of P90x3. I stuck to the 90 days exactly as set out on the calendar. When I fell back, I doubled up. When I felt tired, I made it happen. If I knew I was going to have a busy day, I did it in the morning and vice versa. I NEVER cheated. Well, except yesterday when I had some frozen custard. Otherwise, its been all clean eating, ALL THE TIME. Everyday I drank Shakeology in the morning, ate 6 meals a day, and worked out. Very simple and the results I got were just crazy.
I can do pull ups and push ups, including plyo pushups, and my flexibility has improved!
What I've learned:
- A fitness program needs to have a little of everything. You can't just do cardio and you can't just do strength work and absolutely ignore everything else. Definitely never ignore stretching.
- Push ups and pull ups are essential. So what you can lift 100 pounds over your head, but can you lift yourself up?
- Balance, Balance, Balance. Its the key to life and the key to a workout program.
- Eating 6 meals a day and drinking water is so important. The days I failed, my workout suffered.
- Food logging is king when trying to stay on track. How else will you stay accountable.
- Letting people know about your routines is important as well. People keep you accountable when they ask, "how's that thing you were doing going?"
- When it comes to food, keep it interesting. The internet is full of ideas.
- Tony Horton is the MAN! I love the guy and he is a mentor to me although I have never met him. Can't wait for the day when we cross paths.
Oh and now for the big reveal:
Off to BODY BEAST with some added yoga next week! 90 days of the beast.
To Take the FunFitChic challenge, click here and tell me your goals!