All I can say is, "I am beat." Phew! I just made it home after the Vixen Workout at DANY Studios in New York City and you have to try it. My whole body is tired. I've eaten turkey chili on quinoa with spinach, a slice of wheat bread with hummus, and a 100%whey/100%casein protein shake and I am still HUNGRY. It's that serious.
I don't want to say too much because I want you to experience it like I did but I will say a few things:
1. This is not your regular dance fitness class.
2. You will twerk, body roll, and head whip to A LOT of Beyonce music. You will feel like Beyonce. I whipped my hair so hard, my glasses flew off my face and no one blinked.
3. You will sweat more than you can imagine.
4. You will walk in looking cute and walk out looking like a hot mess that feels fabulous.
5. Meliza Fernandez is a rock star. She is the instructor on Mondays at 6:30pm and she is absolutely amazing.
6. The room is full of positive and empowering women. The positive affirmations encourage such awesomeness. You will love the positive affirmations.
7. You will feel like you are at a club by song #1 AND EVERY SONG IS YOUR JAM.
8. YOU HAVE TO LET GO OF YOUR INHIBITIONS. Bring yourself back to that woman who snuck into a 21 and over club at age 19. You know the one that was dancing on tables, couches, and the stage. She's still in there and she is safe to come out in this class.
9. Everyone in the Vixen Army is sexy and so are you. Have fun!
10. Wear workout clothes but cute ones. If you have those cute wedge sneakers, wear those. Bring a towel and a change of clothes or at least a t-shirt.
Perfect start to my week off of work. So happy I made it to the class and I will definitely return.
Here is a vid about the workout:
[vimeo 66743357 w=500 h=281]
Now stop doing research and GO! With or without your friends, just go! It's going to be a blast.