As you read this, I am boarding my plane to Cancun, Mexico for an epic vacation FOR FREE by Team Beachbody. Every year, coaches have an opportunity to earn these amazing trips. I have been a coach for a year, and I earned my first trip WITH MY TEAM. So exciting. Over 20 of us are on our way to Mexico today.
One of the things I am a master at is packing. I am very good at packing light. Actually, this is ALL I am taking on my trip. One carry on bag and a back pack. That's it!
Because I love you, here is a short list I work from to make sure I have what I need. Of course, it changes dependent on the length of the trip.
- DO NOT FORGET to pack: Passport and other ID, Emergency Contact Information, Insurance Cards, and any medication and/or prescriptions you are taking.
- Pack your own favorite snacks for plane ride, beach time or even just to keep yourself sane. All inclusive and cruises can get dangerous when it comes to food so if you have goals, pack some stuff. ESPECIALLY for the flight it.
- Wear comfortable clothes to the airport to speed up the check in process (make sure you pick up all items from belt).
- Beware of things that may set off the metal detector: Keys, loose change, mobile phones, pagers, and personal data assistants (PDAs), Heavy jewelry (including pins, necklaces, bracelets, rings, watches, earrings, body piercings, cuff links, lanyards or bolo ties), Clothing with metal buttons, snaps or studs, Metal hair barrettes or other hair decoration, belt buckles, under-wire bras.
Travel Bag: When packing your travel bag, pack it like it is the only bag you will have. In my case, it sometimes is the only bag I have. You never know if your baggage will get lost or delayed. Be prepared in the event that happens.
1. Travel Size: Tooth Brush /Tooth Paste/Mouth Wash
3. Your Favorite Snacks
4. Baby Wipes
5. Hand Sanitizer
6. Something to Read
8. Female Items
11. Laptop & Power cord
13. At Least Two Changes of Undergarments. I usually just pack all underwear in my travel bag.
14. Change of Clothes
16. Light Sweater /Jacket
2. Comfortable Shoes
3. Wrist Watch
5. Light Sweater/Jacket
7. 4 Workout Bottoms
8. 4 Workout Tops
9. 7 Workout Bras
10. 2 Pair of Sneakers ( you do not need 1 pair for each outfit)
11. 7 Pair of Socks
12. Big Girl Outfits: one for each night you are there
13. Casual Outfits.
14. Bathing Suits and sun protection lotions and beach bag
1. Toiletry Kit
3. Shampoo/ Conditioner
5. Nail Clippers
8. Facial Cleanser/Toner/Moisturizer
9. Deodorant / Body Spray
10. Razor/Shaving Cream
11. Brush / Comb
12. Hair Dryer (I do not pack this since hotel has it)
13. Curling Iron/Flat Iron
14. First-Aid Kit
15. Towel / Washcloth (if you are sharing a room)
16. Laundry Bag
17. Female necessities (in case of emergency)
18. Contact Solution/Contacts/Glasses
19. Aspirin/Tylenol/Motrin etc.
20. Large garbage bag (for wet sweaty clothes)
21. Febreze Spray/Bounce Strips (to deodorize dirty clothes on the trip home)
1. 1 box of Protein Bars/KIND bars/CLIF Bars
2. Trail Mix
4. Magic Bullet Blender
2. Charger for: IPAD, IPOD, Phone and Camera
4. Reading Materials (airport)
5. Safety Pins/Tape/Scissors (you can have them if you pack them in your checked luggage)