I was really enjoying creating these meal plans for you guys and posting them so I decided that I will continue to do so once in a blue to share different ideas for you.
The Beachbody portion fix plan works with ANY program or even gym workout.
Basically, it uses the same portion control system used in the 21 day fix, 21 day fix extreme, Country Heat and Hammer and Chisel and makes it compatible to ANY type of workout or lifestyle.
Let's be honest. Nobody likes to count calories. It takes too much time and guesswork. So if you had a system that kept you from overeating without having to count calories, isn't that what you'd want to use? And wouldn't you use it all the time?
That's why Beachbody created these 7 color-coded containers, which quickly help you portion out exactly how much to eat for every meal. Each container corresponds to an essential food and macronutrient group, and is sized to deliver just the right amount of food to help you get great results. There's no complicated math, guessing, or weighing—this is simple portion control that anyone can do.
Your Portion-Fix Containers Package includes:
- 1 Green container – Veggies
- 1 Purple container – Fruits
- 1 Red container – Proteins
- 1 Yellow container – Carbs
- 1 Blue container – Healthy Fats
- 2 Orange containers – Seeds & Dressings
- Containers are precisely measured to deliver proper portions
- Containers nest inside each other for convenient, space-saving storage
- BPA-free, DEHP-free
- Top-rack dishwasher safe and microwave safe
And guess what? You can get them directly from me! Order your Portion Fix now
So check it out! This super easy and colorful meal plan you can use with your portion fix containers to help you reach your goals. This is what it will look like when its done:
And its almost entirely a no cook type of week! You can purchase most of the ingredients already prepared for you at the supermarket. ie. the hard boiled eggs, rotiserrie chicken and cooked shrimp. You can even pick up frozen ready made rice or grab at your local asian restaurant.
Here is the grocery list and assembling and cooking instructions (created by the folks at the Team Beachbody blog)
3 cups spinach
5 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or two heads)
1 bunch green onions
1 large red bell pepper
2 medium cucumbers
2½ cups cherry tomatoes
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup snow peas (or green beans)
1 Fresno chili (optional)
1 orange bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 bunch cilantro
1 avocado (optional)
1 bunch parsley
2 medium mangoes or 3 cups chopped mango
2 cups strawberries
3 cups frozen blueberries
2 cups frozen peaches
2 cups fresh berries
1 rotisserie chicken or 6 oz. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
8 oz. cooked shrimp
3 4 oz. cans tuna packed in water
6 hard-boiled eggs or ½ dozen raw eggs
Dairy and Dairy Alternatives
1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
2 ¼ cups low-fat cottage cheese
2 oz. crumbled feta
3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (or 1 avocado)
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or replace with remaining coconut milk beverage)
1 15 oz. can white beans
1 15 oz. can black beans
1 jar nut butter
10 kalamata olives
1¾ cups cooked brown rice or 2/3 cup dry brown rice
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
2 Tbsp. hemp seeds (or sunflower seeds)
½ cup chia seeds
2 Tbsp. pepitas
Your step-by-step plan to assemble the no-cook meal prep:
1. If you did not buy cooked brown rice, start by steaming the rice. Combine 2/3 cup brown rice and 11/3 cup water in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil; cook, covered, for 15–20 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let rice rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Do not remove lid. Open lid and fluff rice with a fork; let cool completely. Set aside.
2. If you did not buy hard-boiled eggs, place six eggs in a saucepan, and add enough water to cover the eggs by one inch. Bring water just to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. While eggs cook, prepare a large bowl of ice water. Carefully remove the eggs from the hot water with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water. Place in refrigerator. Serve two hard-boiled eggs with an apple and 2 tsp. of nut butter.
3. Make the Coconut Mango Chia Pudding (we adjusted the recipe to make three servings). Remove the lids from three mason jars. In each, place 1/8 cup chia seeds, ½ cup coconut milk beverage, and ½ tsp. raw honey; stir to blend. Top each jar with 1 cup chopped mango. Seal jars and place in refrigerator.
4. Next, make the Overnight Oats. Remove the lids from two mason jars. In each, place ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, and 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds (or sunflower seeds); stir to blend. Top each jar with 1 cup chopped strawberries. Seal jars and place in refrigerator.
5. Pre-portioned smoothie bags make it even faster to make your Shakeology smoothie. Fill three plastic bags or other containers each with 1 cup baby spinach and 1 cup frozen blueberries. Place in freezer. Fill two plastic bags or other containers each with 1 cup frozen peaches. Place in freezer.
6. Make the Greek Chicken Salads. Place 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce into each of two food containers. Top with ½ cup chopped cucumber, ½ cup cherry tomatoes, 5 kalamata olives, and 1 oz. crumbled feta cheese. If you bought rotisserie chicken, cut the breast meat away from the bone and remove the skin. Slice each chicken breast and place 3 oz. of meat in each food container. Cut a lemon in half and place one wedge in each container; use it to dress the salad when you’re ready to eat. Place salads in refrigerator.
7. To make the White Bean and Tuna Salads, fill three food storage containers each with 1 cup spinach, ½ cup chopped red bell pepper, ½ cup chopped cucumber, 1 sliced green onion, and parsley to taste. Place in refrigerator. When ready to eat, open and drain one can of tuna; add tuna to the salad. Dress with 2 tsp. olive oil and 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar just before serving.
8. Divide 1½ cups low-fat Greek yogurt between two small food containers. Top each with 1 cup fresh berries. Place in refrigerator.
9. In a large bowl, combine ¾ cup chopped orange pepper, ¾ cup chopped yellow bell pepper, 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, ¾ cup brown rice, ¾ cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed), ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, and ¼ cup cilantro (optional). Mix well. Divide evenly between three food storage containers. Place in refrigerator.
10. Divide 18 oz. low-fat cottage cheese between three food storage containers. Top each with ¼ tsp. smoked paprika (or chili powder) and 1 Tbsp. raw pepitas. Place in refrigerator. Serve with black beans and rice.
11. Last, make the Shrimp and Veggie Rice Bowls. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup broccoli chopped into ½-inch pieces, 1 cup snow peas (or green beans) chopped into ½-inch pieces, 1 sliced green onion, 4 tsp. sesame oil, and 2 tsp. rice vinegar. Mix well. Divide evenly between two food storage containers. Top each with 4 oz. cooked shrimp and ½ sliced Fresno chili (optional). Place in refrigerator. When ready to eat, place a wet paper towel over the container and microwave for two minutes.
I think you would TOTALLY love this plan! Let me know if you give a try.