IDK about you but something about Sundays gets me wanting a yummy LARGE breakfast. The kind of stuff I wouldn't normally eat throughout the week because I just have time. I started scouring the internet and found these delicious Apple Cinnamon pancakes on the Team Beachbody blog. It's like apple pie for breakfast! And even though I actually don't like apple pie (because of the consistency)... I like apple pie LIKE things... if that makes sense.
Here it is reprinted for you. OMG SO GOOD!! Healthy and Gluten-free. No need for lots of syrup either. They are moist and when you top them with the apple slices, way sweeter as well.
Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 19 mins
Total time: 29 mins
Serves: 3 servings, 2 pancakes each
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium apple, peeled, sliced
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
- 4 large egg whites (½ cup)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla flavor (or Beachbody Base Shake)
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Heat medium nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium-low heat.
- Add apple and ¼ tsp. cinnamon; cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, or until apple is soft. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites, applesauce, and almond milk in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine protein powder, oats, coconut flour, baking powder, remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add applesauce mixture to oat mixture; mix until just blended.
- Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat. Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 90 seconds, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide pancakes between three serving plates. Top evenly with cooked apple slices.