Three films: The Breakfast Club. I recall watching this movie over and over again with my siblings when I was younger. Recently, my brother purchased tickets for my sister and I to see it at symphony space in New York City.
The Sweetest Thing.This movie is absolutely hilarious.
The Usual Suspects. My favorite movie of all time. I love Kevin Spacey and Benicio Del Toro in this movie and Kaiser Soze is the best villain in a thriller.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone." #BESTLINEEVER
- Goat Cheese. Whenever I think of awesome salads or great pairings with food - I think of GOAT CHEESE. It's so simple but it's delicious. The flavors and types of goat cheese range from mild to pungent and it makes my mouth water.
- Falafel. I love the Falafel at Turkish Cuisine on Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains, NY. I taught Zumba right up the street from this awesome restaurant. Needless to say, DANGEROUS!
- Chicken and Lamb Combo Platter from 53rd & 6th, NYC. One hard night of partying in midtown or anywhere for that matter WILL take you to either a diner or 53rd & 6th. I always opt for the latter.
- Chicken Pad-Thai from Klong's NYC. A friend brought me here over four years ago and I can't stop craving the delicious Pad-Thai at Klong's. I remember when they were closed for renovations....my boyfriend and I were distraught. We were on St. Mark's Place - on a bustling and flavorful corner of NYC - and we felt like there were no good options for food left in the world.
- My homemade lasagna - recipe provided by a Fantabulosa. ;-)
2. Continuous health into old age. I know as you get older, it gets more difficult but I'd like to be on the least amounts of meds as possible when I grow older. Ernestine Shepherd inspires me.
3. To run the NYC Marathon someday.
4. To have a home birth. I know it sounds crazy to some but I'd love to have a midwife and a healthy, private, home birth.
5. To own my very own fitness facility for women.
6. I want a garden or a "mini-farm" where I could grow fruits and vegetables.
7. To own more property and create residual income for myself.
Two Songs: Marc Anthony, Preciosa. I am a huge Marc Anthony fan and I love all his songs but the first time I heard this song, I cried. I heard it in Puerto Rico while driving over a beautiful mountain and it was so moving. It's a cover and he did an amazing job. It really exercises his vocal chords as well.
Buena Vista Social Club, Chan Chan. A truly beautiful song.
Here's a better version that I wasn't allowed to embed.